The Montgomery County Health Department is committed to serving the community of Montgomery County by promoting and supporting healthy lifestyles through education, prevention, intervention and environmental services.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Patients/clients will receive quality services without regard to patients/client’s race, age, color, creed, sex, marital status, sexual preference, national origin, ancestry, religion, handicap, disability or HIV.
This agency does not discriminate either through contractual or other arrangements against, sexual orientation, diagnosis/infectious disease, ability to pay and DNR status.
In case of questions, please contact:
Montgomery County Health Department Home Health Agency
Montgomery City, MO 63361
The privacy practices of Montgomery County Health Department are designed to protect the privacy, use and disclosure of protected health information, are clearly delineated in the agency’s Notice of Privacy Practices which was developed and is used in accordance with Federal requirements.
· The privacy practices of Montgomery County Health Department are described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
· The privacy practices and requirements of Montgomery County Health Department are further detailed in the agency’s privacy policies and procedures.
· The Notice of Privacy Practices is given to all patients no later than the date of the first service delivery.
· A good faith effort is made to obtain written acknowledgement of the patient’s receipt of the agency’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
· When written acknowledgement of the patient’s receipt of the Notice cannot be obtained, there is documentation to explain efforts made to obtain it and the reason(s) why it was not obtained.
· The Notice of Privacy Practices is available to anyone who requests it.
· The Notice of Privacy Practices will be revised as needed to reflect any changes in Montgomery County Health Department’s privacy practices. Revisions to the Notice will not be implemented prior to the effective date of the revised Notice.
· Revisions to the Notices of Privacy Practices will be displayed in a clear and prominent location at Montgomery County Health Department and be provided upon request.
· The Privacy Official retains copies of the original Notice of Privacy Practices and any subsequent revisions for a period of six (6) years from the date of its creation or when it was last in effect, whichever is later
· Documentation is retained for six years of the patient’s written acknowledgment of receipt of the agency’s Notice of Privacy Practices or of efforts made to obtain this written acknowledgment and the reason(s) why it was not obtained.
· All employees and business associates of Montgomery County Health Department are required to adhere to the privacy practices as detailed in the Notice of Privacy Practices, privacy policies and procedures and business associate contracts.
· Violations of Montgomery County Health Department privacy practices will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or contracts.
· All requests for health information in the course of any judicial or administrative procedure will be referred to the Montgomery County Health Department’s legal counsel or his/her designee.
· Protected health information for minors (individuals under the age of 18 years) receiving pregnancy tests or sexually transmitted disease testing will not be released without a signed authorization from the minor.
· Immunization information on your child will be released to his/her school upon request of the school
· The Notice is posted in a clear and prominent location.
· The Notice of Privacy Practices is prominently displayed and available electronically here.
The Notice of Privacy Practices is reproduced in the Employee Handbook and is reviewed with all current employees annually and with all new employees during their orientation to Montgomery County Health Department